Dear Shepherd of the Valley Congregation Members,
Our church council and worship task force have made provisions for us to worship together outdoors at Kleiner Park on August 2nd, 16th, and 30th. We want to fill you in on the details so you can be prepared.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE:
We will not worship on these dates unless the State of Idaho has returned to Stage 4, allowing public gatherings of more than 50 people. We will tell you explicitly via email if this has happened and if worship is a “go”. No Stage 4 equals no worship.
Sunday, August 2nd, 16th, and 30th, 7:00 PM at the Kleiner Park Bandshell/Amphitheater
NOTES FOR THOSE ATTENDING:
1. You will need to bring your own lawn chairs or blankets. We will mark out socially-distanced locations where you and/or your family can set up.
2. You will also need to bring your own bread and grape juice for communion. You don’t need to get fancy…a slice and a small cup for you and/or your family will do. Communion will happen in similar fashion to our remote, video-service communion. Each person or family will commune in their own spot, with their own elements.
3. To protect the community and to make us feel more secure, masks are required for everyone, including leaders. Extra masks will be available on site for those who don’t have ones at home or forget.
4. Music and other participation will be adjusted to minimize risk. We will incorporate ways of participating that are COVID-sensible. We will not have bulletins or anything else that needs to pass between hands.
5. We won’t be serving food after. We encourage people to protect each other by respecting social distancing when interacting before and after the service.
6. We WILL be having children’s time and the chance for at least a couple people at each service to share with us how they’re doing.
Park worship will not interrupt our weekly video service ministry. That’ll continue on those Sundays even if we meet in person. If you have any questions, call the church office or email Pastor Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.